PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : Help with Gentle Typhoon 4250rpm

Stuart_Jones
09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi Cooling technique, thanks for your help on the facebook page, do you know where i can buy the parts for the adaptor or can i simply do it myself? I can get a fan controller from somewhere here in England no problem, i just need help making the adapter.

thanks a lot

stuart

Damiano
09-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello Stuart; glad to see you here;)
the adaptor can be self produced, to do that you need to take a 4 to three pin adaptor like this one:
http://www.abload.de/img/molex-4to3anwp.jpg
it's a really common adaptor and can be found with a lot of fans or buy for like 2€.
after that you need to cut out the three male molex and rewire the red and black(+12v/0v) cables with a female 2 pin or three pin molex.
you will obtain an adaptor with the female molex that can be attached to any fan controller that can handle the power request from the fan.
http://www.coolingtechnique.com/img/rece/ventole-rheobus/scythe/gentletyphoon/high-rpm/gt-high-rpm-adapter-2.jpg

Another most invasive way(you will lost your product warranty) is simply cut the two power cable of your GT that are coming into the 4 pin molex, rewiring them with a couple of crimps(molex 22-30 AWG) into the three pin housing that in you GT is just housing the yellow cable(rpm signal).

Ps: Welcome on CT:ok:

shelby92
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Wow, even English people write here in CT. It seems we are getting more and more important :D. Welcome to the CoolingTechnique community Stuart ;).

Stuart_Jones
09-06-2011, 04:24 PM
ahhh ok thanks. ill go out and buy a 4 pin to 3 pin adaptor later today.

Do i cut out the 3 male molex on the adaptor or on the original cable attached to the fan itself?

OR, if i did it the more intrusive way, simply cut off the thinner black and red cables and then crimp them into place so they fit alongside the yellow 3 pin cable which is then connected to the fan controller so you only need one cable to power the fan?

thanks again

Damiano
09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
ahhh ok thanks. ill go out and buy a 4 pin to 3 pin adaptor later today.

Do i cut out the 3 male molex on the adaptor or on the original cable attached to the fan itself?
if you use the first one; you need to cut just the 3 male molex on the adaptor and replace it with the female; after this, simply connect the adaptor to the fan and to a rheobus or other power source with a three pin male connector.

OR, if i did it the more intrusive way, simply cut off the thinner black and red cables and then crimp them into place so they fit alongside the yellow 3 pin cable which is then connected to the fan controller so you only need one cable to power the fan?
thanks again

yep; you need to crimp them into the housing where there is already the yellow one; the order is yellow-red-black.

If you don't found crimps easily(min order in Italy is more or less 100 pieces) you can just cut another 3pin female that you don't use an rewire it with some tin and shrink.